Marriage in the wedding paradise Gibraltar

Legal – Absolutely unbureaucratic – Recognized worldwide

Wedding Agency KARINA - Heiratsagentur KARINA®

the competent advisor for your wedding in Gibraltar, Cypus, Denmark and Hong Kong

The solution not only for bi-national couples whose documents no longer suffice for a wedding in Denmark

Who can get married in Gibraltar?

Everybody who is legally allowed to travel to Gibraltar and who can provide all required documents.


Important! Here you can find out if you need a Gibraltar visa:

Visa_Gibraltar - Link

In Gibraltar, we only offer weddings with a personal support/escort by a German, English, French and Spanish-speaking notary in front of whom you sign an affidavit about your marital status one day before the wedding.

Please note: It is not possible to change names upon a wedding in Gibraltar. You can apply for a change of name after the wedding in your home country or at an embassy of your home country in the European country of your residence.


The marriage:

The language of the ceremony is English. If you do not speak or understand English, you would need an interpreter.

Two witnesses are required for the wedding ceremony. If you don´t have your own witnesses, we offer this service as well.

Please note: You will receive the two marriage certificates not directly on the day of your wedding ceremony, but about 15 days later by (registered) letter or - if you wish - by DHL Express.


Legalization / Apostille:

To register the wedding in most countries, you need a legalized marriage certificate with an apostille. Our notary also offers his service and can send you the legalized marriage certificate(s) by registered mail or DHL Express to the European country of your residence.


Please send in color scanned copies of these documents by e-mail:

1. Passport or identity card / ID card for members of the European Union or for citizens of visa-free countries
If you are a citizen of a visa-free country: entry stamp for the UK (if already available)
a valid visa, if a visa is required for the citizens of your country in order to travel to the UK


2. (International) birth certificate - if not issued in English, with a sworn/certified translation into English:

Translators-worldwide - Link

... or you can use the translation service offered by our notary and Gibraltar-based translators


3. if divorced: final divorce decree or final divorce certificate; if not issued in English, with a sworn/certified translation

The registry office in Gibraltar:

You can reach Gibraltar by airplane, either directly via London or via Malaga/Spain, and then continue your trip to Gibraltar by car or bus.
Weddings take place daily from Tuesday to Saturday.

The personal registration at the marriage office must be completed one day before the wedding until 09.30 o'clock.

For a Standard wedding ceremony directly at the registry office, all documents must be submitted not later than about 4 weeks before the wedding day; for speed weddings about 2 weeks before the desired wedding date.

Speed weddings usually do not take place at the registry office, but can be held at various locations (a hotel, a cave, Botanical Garden, a cliff). There may be additional fees to be paid depending on the location.

  Gibraltar_Map - Link



E-Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - LINK


Tel.: +49 30 756 501 85

Mobil/WhatsApp +49 163 439 19 83

English, Portuguese, Russian and WhatsApp: +49 1573 346 77 84


The arrangement charge paid to our agency will not be refunded in case you do not show up at the wedding appointment. Please note Terms and Conditions